Friday, January 30, 2009
Calvin Harris- I'm Not Alone (Radio Rip)
DOWNLOAD: Calvin Harris- I'm Not Alone (Radio Rip)
Posted by mikerog at 12:06 PM No comments:
Labels: Calvin Harris
Friday, January 23, 2009
Animal Collective- Live at Bowery Ballroom 1/21/09
Big ups to NYC Taper for this.
01 Also Frightened
02 My Girls
03 Blue Sky
05 Leaf House
06 Summertime Clothes
07 Guys Eyes
08 Lablakley Dress
10 Lion in a Coma
11 Brother Sport
12 [encore break]
13 Winters Love
14 Comfy in Nautica
Posted by mikerog at 2:54 PM No comments:
Labels: Animal Collective
Friday Hotness #73
DOWNLOAD: The Sound Of Arrows- M.A.G.I.C.
DOWNLOAD: Sonos- Everything In It's Right Place (Radiohead Cover)
DOWNLOAD: Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings- How Long Do I Have To Wait For You (Ticklah Remix)
DOWNLOAD: Kings Of Leon- Use Somebody (Chew Fu Remix)
Posted by mikerog at 1:32 PM No comments:
Monday, January 19, 2009
Matt & Kim- Grand
LINKS REMOVED BY REQUEST OF FADER
DOWNLOAD: Matt & Kim- Daylight
DOWNLOAD: Matt & Kim- Good Ol' Fashion Nightmare
DOWNLOAD: Matt & Kim- I Wanna
DOWNLOAD: Matt & Kim-Don't Slow Down
Posted by mikerog at 3:01 PM No comments:
Labels: Matt + Kim
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Another One Bites The Dust...
Say goodbye to Native Wayne, Paul V's Smash Mix, Henry Rollins and Jonesy.
Indie 103.1, the LA mainstay for the past few years, and what Rolling Stone described as "America's Best Radio Station" is changing formats to "El Gato," a Latin station.
Broadcasts will still continue online. but it just won't be the same.
Posted by mikerog at 11:39 AM No comments:
Like Merrriweather Post Pavilion, I tried to hate on this Glasvegas album simply because everyone was so hyped on it (hey, that's just how I am.) However this is really growing on me. The British rock and shoegaze influences remind me of a less talented version of Editors.
DOWNLOAD: Glasvegas- Geraldine
DOWNLOAD: Glasvegas- Daddy's Gone
DOWNLOAD: Glasvegas- Flowers And Football Tops
Glasvegas- Be My Baby (The Ronettes Cover)
Posted by mikerog at 10:35 AM No comments:
Monday, January 12, 2009
Ultra Stimulation Mix #6
Same as it ever was. Some fresh heaters mixed with some classics.
1. Fully Fitted- 100 Million
2. Longwave- The Devil And The Lair
3. Cassius- Feelings For You (Les Rythmes Digitales Mix)
4. Luscious Jackson- Deep Shag
5. Lauren Flax feat Sia- You've Changed (Original Mix)
6. Estelle- No Substitute Love (Treasure Fingers Mix)
7. Faith No More- Midlife Crisis
8. Human People- I'd Run Just Like You
9. Hatchback- Nesso
10. Jaylib- Starz
11. Colouring Lesson- Head
12. Kanye West- Good Morning (The Kickdrums Remix)
13. Stacy Clark- Matter Of Time
14. Stevie Wonder- Boogie On Reggae Woman
15. Land Of Talk- It's Okay
16. Glasvegas- Geraldine
17. Grovesnor- Drive Your Car (Hot Chip Remix)
Posted by mikerog at 9:03 PM No comments:
THE TIME HAS COME
Posted by mikerog at 12:11 PM No comments:
Friday, January 9, 2009
Friday Hotness #72
DOWNLOAD: Robbie Robb- Transformers (Futurecop! Remix)
DOWNLOAD: Land Of Talk- It's Okay
DOWNLOAD: The Break Mission- Prospect
DOWNLOAD: A.R. Rahman- Latika's Theme
Posted by mikerog at 12:52 PM No comments:
Labels: A.R. Rahman, Futurecop, Land Of Talk, The Break Mission
DJ Benzi x Kanye West x Plain Pat- Sky High Mixtape
Once again Benzi has laced us with a smooth-ass mixtape. This time Kanye gets the remix treatment from some of the best in the game including A-Trak, Cousin Cole and Diplo.
Peep a few tracks below and grab the whole thing HERE.
DOWNLOAD: Good Morning (The Kickdrums Remix)
DOWNLOAD: Get Em' High (A-Trak Remix)
DOWNLOAD: Electric Touch (Steve1der & Mighty Mi Remix)
DOWNLOAD: Workout Plan (Chaise Marcel Remix) Smashmouth!?
Posted by mikerog at 11:53 AM No comments:
Labels: DJ Benzi, Kanye West
Thursday, January 8, 2009
DOWNLOAD: Diego- Free At Last
DOWNLOAD: Diego- September March
DOWNLOAD: Diego- Echoes
Posted by mikerog at 5:17 PM No comments:
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Telepathe- Dance Mother
Produced by Dave Sitek (TV On The Radio) and XXXChange (Spank Rock). This is some hot shit right here folks.
DOWNLOAD: Telepathe- So Fine
DOWNLOAD: Telepathe- In Your Line
DOWNLOAD: Telepathe- Can't Stand It
DOWNLOAD: Telepathe- Drugged
Posted by mikerog at 3:12 PM No comments:
Monday, January 5, 2009
Animal Collective- Merriweather Post Pavilion
LINKS REMOVED BY REQUEST
I guess I don't really get it.
I love experimental music and I am from Baltimore (Merriweather Post was where I used to spend my summers watching concerts), so I am predisposed to like Animal Collective, but I just haven't been won over yet.
The calls for 'album of 2009' are absolutely rediculous both becuase we are in the first week and more importantly this album just isn't spectacular. Pitchfork gave Merriweather a 9.6 rating, SPIN - 4 stars.
I don't think this is terrible by any means, here are some of my favorite tracks off Merriweather Post Pavilion below, I just think all the hype has tarnished these guys a little bit.
DOWNLOAD: Animal Collective- Summertime Clothes
DOWNLOAD: Animal Collective- Bluish
DOWNLOAD: Animal Collective- Guys Eyes
Posted by mikerog at 7:28 PM 4 comments:
Labels: Animal Collective
• "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." — September 2000, explaining his energy policies at an event in Michigan.
• "Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?" — January 2000, during a campaign event in South Carolina.
• "They misunderestimated the compassion of our country. I think they misunderestimated the will and determination of the commander in chief, too." — Sept. 26, 2001, in Langley, Va. Bush was referring to the terrorists who carried out the Sept. 11 attacks.
• "There's no doubt in my mind, not one doubt in my mind, that we will fail." — Oct. 4, 2001, in Washington. Bush was remarking on a back-to-work plan after the terrorist attacks.
• "It would be a mistake for the United States Senate to allow any kind of human cloning to come out of that chamber." — April 10, 2002, at the White House, as Bush urged Senate passage of a broad ban on cloning.
• "I want to thank the dozens of welfare-to-work stories, the actual examples of people who made the firm and solemn commitment to work hard to embetter themselves." — April 18, 2002, at the White House.
• "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." — Sept. 17, 2002, in Nashville, Tenn.
• "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." — Aug. 5, 2004, at the signing ceremony for a defense spending bill.
• "Too many good docs are getting out of business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." — Sept. 6, 2004, at a rally in Poplar Bluff, Mo.
• "Our most abundant energy source is coal. We have enough coal to last for 250 years, yet coal also prevents an environmental challenge." — April 20, 2005, in Washington.
• "We look forward to hearing your vision, so we can more better do our job." — Sept. 20, 2005, in Gulfport, Miss.
• "I can't wait to join you in the joy of welcoming neighbors back into neighborhoods, and small businesses up and running, and cutting those ribbons that somebody is creating new jobs." — Sept. 5, 2005, when Bush met with residents of Poplarville, Miss., in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.
• "It was not always a given that the United States and America would have a close relationship. After all, 60 years we were at war 60 years ago we were at war." — June 29, 2006, at the White House, where Bush met with Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi.
• "Make no mistake about it, I understand how tough it is, sir. I talk to families who die." — Dec. 7, 2006, in a joint appearance with British Prime Minister Tony Blair.
• "These are big achievements for this country, and the people of Bulgaria ought to be proud of the achievements that they have achieved." — June 11, 2007, in Sofia, Bulgaria.
• "Mr. Prime Minister, thank you for your introduction. Thank you for being such a fine host for the OPEC summit." — September 2007, in Sydney, Australia, where Bush was attending an APEC summit.
• "Thank you, Your Holiness. Awesome speech." April 16, 2008, at a ceremony welcoming Pope Benedict XVI to the White House.
• "The fact that they purchased the machine meant somebody had to make the machine. And when somebody makes a machine, it means there's jobs at the machine-making place." — May 27, 2008, in Mesa, Ariz.
• "And they have no disregard for human life." — July 15, 2008, at the White House. Bush was referring to enemy fighters in Afghanistan.
• "I remember meeting a mother of a child who was abducted by the North Koreans right here in the Oval Office." — June 26, 2008, during a Rose Garden news briefing.
• "Throughout our history, the words of the Declaration have inspired immigrants from around the world to set sail to our shores. These immigrants have helped transform 13 small colonies into a great and growing nation of more than 300 people."
— July 4, 2008 in Virginia.
• "The people in Louisiana must know that all across our country there's a lot of prayer — prayer for those whose lives have been turned upside down. And I'm one of them. It's good to come down here." — Sept. 3, 2008, at an emergency operations center in Baton Rouge, La., after Hurricane Gustav hit the Gulf Coast.
• "This thaw — took a while to thaw, it's going to take a while to unthaw." Oct. 20, 2008, in Alexandria, La., as he discussed the economy and frozen credit markets.
Posted by mikerog at 5:54 PM No comments:
Sunday, January 4, 2009
If there wasn't already enough to look forward to in 2009, apparently Prince will release THREE new albums this year. Here are the first 4 songs to leak from those projects.
DOWNLOAD: Prince- Crimson & Clover
DOWNLOAD: Prince- Wall Of Berlin
DOWNLOAD: Prince- 4ever
DOWNLOAD: Prince- Colonized Man
Posted by mikerog at 3:02 PM No comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)